1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Well we are busy jamming and booking shows and getting ready for our CD release. Our New album “ Controlled Elite “ drops Nov 27th on Comatose Music. So we will be ending this year and starting off 2013 in support this album.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
Musically these songs are shorter and more to the point. The production is obviously much much better and cleaner sounding but retaining OUR sound as a whole.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music? Well we had something to say about Religion, our fucked up economy, our fucked up government just shit we hear about and see everyday some conspiracy theories.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Well we were coming up with names and the whole thought of being DEHUMANIZED was pretty interesting since we as humans consider ourselves to be civil and so much better than other creatures on earth yet humans are the biggest plague to this planet and we do more harm then any other species on earth. So it just felt appropriate.
5. The band broke up for awhile, what was the cause behind the hiatus and what was the decision behind the reunion? Different reasons, lost the drive , others wanted to do other projects or work issues. For me I was tired of some of the bullshit going on in the band as far as responsibilities and shit.
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance? NRW Deathfest was incredible GERMANY rules, New Jersey shows us mad love. We just go out there to have fun and incite the urge to go crazy Our sound is heavy as fuck lol and we execute the songs well that and Mike is a great frontman and knows how to work the crowd.
7. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
Yes we do and you will all hear about it very soon.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
Its been awesome people are fucking stoked to see us back and with a new album , ive been getting offers play all over the world just working on it 1 show at a time.
9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
Nothing there are no other projects DEHUMANIZED is are 1 and only priority.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
The only direction I see us going is up lol We have another album to give Comatose Music and I promise it will be what you would expect from DEHUMANIZED
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I cant speak for everyone else but I personally listen to a lot of Misery Index and Nasum of course Suffocation and my old school Pestilence and some older demo bands from back in the day
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
My family, online gaming, carpentry Im always fixing my fucking house Im actually trying to break into the entrepreneurship and starting my own business. I don’t want to work for someone the rest of my life.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview? Thanx for the interview and your interests in DEHUMANIZED make sure you buy our album “ Controlled Elite “ on Comatose Music and for shows and updates visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/DEHUMANIZED.NY and keep an eye out for when we are on the road because we are going to melt your faces off!!!