Saturday, July 16, 2016

Neurogenic Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

Hey everyone, my name is Vlad, I'm a guitarist and founder of Neurogenic! These guys are also playing with me in the band: Matteo Bazzanella - (Indecent Excision) - Vocals  Anton Zhikharev (Fleshbomb) - Bass, Marco Pitruzzella (Six Feet Under) - Drums. We play fast and technical Death Metal! The band had started in 2012 and recorded the demo  that was released via Permeated Records, now we are close to releasing our debut full album "Ouroboric Stagnation" via Comatose Music.

2.You have an album coming out in September, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

I like the sound that I made for the album. I think all instruments sound clear in the mix, and the mix is thick and powerful.

3.This is the first release since 2012, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time span?

The writing and guitars were finished in the beginning of 2013, it took few more years to record the instruments of the other band members and guest vocalists. It was a long process.  After all that was done, I mixed and mastered the album.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?

The lyrical themes are displayed through the artwork and the music itself. The album is soaked in darkness, the world beyond, and unknown otherwordly forces.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Neurogenic'?

It means "dysfunction of a nervous system". I took a long time to make up a name but in the end I think the result is very fitting, cuz our music will destroy the nervous  system of unprepared listener, haha.

6.Most of the band members live in different parts of the world, how does this work when it comes to the recording process?

It's easy. When I wrote and recorded the tracks, I sent the stuff to my band bros. The guys had recorded their parts at the local studios and sent me their stuff back and made the rest.

7.Are there any plans for any live shows in the future?

We would really like to play live, but first we need to practice this stuff together.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal death metal?

The feedback was very positive! We got lots of great reviews and comments about our music from all around the world. Lots of people had bought our demos and tshirts and we are very grateful  for their support!

9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?

Marco is actively touring with Six Feet Under, me Matteo and Anton are working on the new material for our bands. Recently I have created a new band called Imprecated that is more about unholy slam.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I would like to add even more atmosphere and darkness into our forthcoming new stuff but keep that insane speed and technical riffs.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

While writing and composing I was influenced and inspired by my favorite bands like: Disgorge (USA), Defeated Sanity, Enmity, Putridity and many more. I don't just listen metal,  I listen to a lot of different stuff cuz there are so many great music outside this genre. I highly recommend to everybody do the same, cuz you're missing lots of awesome.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

I like sports, cars, traveling, but music is still my main hobby.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I want to say "hello" to all the fans and supporters from around the globe! Listen to great music and keep yourself in a good shape!
Pre-order the CD here: http://www.comatosemusic.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=neurogenic+stagnation&search_in_description=1&x=2&y=11

www.facebook.com/Neurogenicmetal


No comments:

Post a Comment