1. Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
We added a 3rd guitarist (Spencer Ferguson) as well as been focused on planning out our march tour and getting our third album ready for the studio
2. You have a new album coming out in November, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
The new album has a more focused and well-rounded sound that incorporates all of our influences, the new album differs from our previous material in many ways, we've added a new vocalist in Wade Taylor who is an absolute monster behind the microphone, we have fine-tuned the tones of each instrument on the recording. We kept the tracking, edits and mixing all in house. Making it much easier to shape it the way we wanted it.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Most of the lyrical content that we have is based on human extinction or crazy sci-fi Concepts that we thought of ourselves as well as a little bit of humor peppered in there.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Atoll'?
The meaning and inspiration for the name atoll comes from some of the hydrogen bomb testing they did over Bikini Atoll creating mutated monsters and disgusting beasts. We go over a lot of these Concepts in our song Bikini Atoll Fallout Frenzy.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
The two best shows that we played so far have definitely been Las Vegas deathfest and Los Angeles extermination Fest. Both promoters treated us very professionally and we got to meet a ton of awesome bands. In describing our stage performance, one could possibly use the adjectives chaotic energetic and insanely Savage. We like to put on the best show we can for our fans and for the people who come to see us they deserve the best show possible and we want to deliver that.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
We're playing December 9th in Long Beach California and January 13th in Albuquerque New Mexico. We are currently planning a West Coast tour in the spring, a one-off show in Las Vegas with some homies and booking a few festivals happening in the summer
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal and slam death metal?
The response has been amazing we've been getting awesome feedback from everybody they really like the production and the new vocals on this album. Most people have been saying that this album is a step up from the last one which is exactly what we wanted. we've also been getting a lot of great feedback about the artwork.
8. The new album is coming out on 'Gore House Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
Gore House Productions is an independent label from California they mostly represent brutal death metal and slam bands. We have a great relationship with lots of the other bands on that label and the owner treats every band with the respect and attention that they deserve. We're very happy to be signed with them.
9. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that the band members are a part of?
Most of our other members have other projects that they are working on. At this time our vocalist wade and guitarist Spencer have a band called avarice that was just signed to transcending records They are going to be releasing their EP sometimes in the winter of 2018. Our drummer Andy and bass player cam also are in another band called Aiwass. they play mostly Punk and alternative crazy sounding music they will be releasing their full-length album on within the Mind records we're not exactly sure when, but it should be sometime in 2018.
10. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
We want to take this band as far as we can go we're definitely going to explore our influences in these next coming albums we have a few awesome Concepts and original ideas that we think will Peak most brutal death metal fans interest. You're going to have to keep us on your radar if you want to find out what's going to happen next.
11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We get a lot of our influence from classic death metal bands like Suffocation and internal bleeding, but some of the newer bands we draw influence from are abominable putridity pathology maggot colony cerebral incubation party Cannon methwitch stages of decomposition and acranius
12. What are some of your nonmusical interests?
We all have a lot of interest in sci-fi and horror movies. A couple of us are comic book nerds. A few of us like to play video games and most of us like to dabble in the THC variety of things.
13. Before we wrap u this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Go to gorehouseproductions.com and buy our album or a piece of merch. Even if it's not our album or merch buy something and support all the killer bands on this awesome label. "This is the end of humanity. In a pineapple under the sea"