Friday, November 17, 2017

Internal Chaos Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

Warmest greetings from Tehran. I am Alireza Shafiei, Former & leader of the "Internal Chaos" and I am going to answer your questions on behalf of the band.
I started Recording songs as a one-man band. After 4 years I decided to release two of the songs I’ve recorded before. Then, I realized that I had to put up a little speed and find some talented individuals to form Internal Chaos as an actual band. We are Symphonic Fusion Metal Band from Iran.

2.How would you describe your musical sound?
We combine the modern musical elements with the traditional oriental elements that represent somehow the culture. I prefer not to describe our music from my own subjective point of view, instead to know the opinion of others.

3.The band has been around since 2011 but waited until 2017 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the first 6 years?
Internal Chaos was established in 2012, by me as a one-man band, until 2016 I recorded and released three single tracks with the help of guest artists/musicians. Later in 2016, we shaped the band together with the current members and we managed to release our EP shortly after. Unfortunately, there are some restrictions and limitation for artists who work in the so-called Western genres, that affect the flow of our work directly, but the good news is that these limitations are decreased since 2016 and that’s the reason we can put up the pace. Now we are working on our full-length album.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Human deed, morality, society.
We try to bring up social issues and limitations into attention and we find it easier to talk about them in form of lyrics.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Internal Chaos'?
All of the songs I have written are inspired by my own Internal emotional instabilities that are caused somehow by our society. That’s why I named the band after the constant Chaos that I have inside.

6.Has the band been able to do any live shows yet?
We have performed 12 songs in a gig 4 months after we formed the band (2016). We also had a concert to introduce our band to Iranian metalheads and we performed full power so to say.


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Sure we are looking for a record label and we received some offers…but we are pretty sure we’re going to receive a deserving offer soon.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of symphonic and melodic death metal?
Actually most of the feedbacks were from Iranian metalheads, so many compliments and encouraging words. But we are not yet satisfied by the feedbacks we've received, since we have just recently introduced our music to the international Metal communities and music platforms, we are hoping to receive more and more feedbacks.

9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
There are limited number of professional players in Iran, and a lot of new ideas. That’s why an individual may play for and work with various bands. The ones that we work with are also very gifted and have huge potential to introduce themselves to the international audience. It’s good to note that we spend our time on other projects as far as they don’t take much time so that we can focus on our own.

10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
I guess the next album is going to be released in the beginning of 2018

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I am inspired by Slipknot, Symphony X, Nightwish, Infected mushroom, Beethoven, Mozart, Michael McCann, Hans Zimmer. But these days I don’t listen to any songs because I don’t want them to interfere my musical ideas. I just listen to modern songs to know about new styles of mix & mastering, sound design.


12.What are some of your non musical interests?
Learning second & third language, Gym, Sound Design.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Most important of all, I intend to create a brand new musical genre, hopefully creating my own style/genre. I have been working on it for a long time. We are looking forward to perform many more concert in the next couple of months and also we wish to reach our goals in the context of music making soon. Great news coming soon!
Last but not least, I thank you deeply for this opportunity and for the review on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment