- Greetings, thanks for the interest in our band. Since we finished the recording of "In the inside ... Reborn the flesh" we got down to work on composing new songs for a next job and also preparing some songs for the next shows .
2.In December you had released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
- We don’t think the sound of this new EP varies much from our previous work. Of course, there is a little evolution in these years but they will find the sound of Teratoma, death metal with riffs influenced by grindcore and brutal death metal, the sound of the first years of death metal, basically.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band covered on the new release?
- Our lyrics are created by our singer. They have, almost always, dealt with issues of human suffering, the dark and morbid side of society, the cruelty of the church and some lyrics based on old horror films, all taken to the extreme.
4.The band was broken up for 14 years, what was the cause of the split and also the decision to reform?
- The year 2002 was a difficult year, a few days before starting the recording of what would have been the second album of the band, our guitarrist Juanma was leaving the band. Consequently that recording did not go forward as the band wanted and we completely undid that recording. The bandmates entered a state of discouragement that caused the split-up. A great question, the return of the band (..... laughs); one day, we met again at a birthday party and the beer did the rest…we had spoken many times but nothing serious until that day.
5.Originally the band was called 'Suffering', what was the cause of the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Teratoma'?
- Well, actually the band started to call itself Teratoma, but we were not convinced by that name and we decided to change it to Suffering. But this change did not last, there were too many groups called suffering and we went back to our old name. It seems a typical story but the name was taken from the medical book of a relative of a member of the band, it seemed a rather hard name for a death metal band.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has payed over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- In our history we have had many performances that we have enjoyed. We would not know to pick one in particular, there have been many anecdotes (... laughs) and we have always enjoyed the bands we have shared the stage with; we always try to unload all our rage on our shows and try to be intense and crushing.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
- Of course, we are preparing some shows but we can not advance anything since they are being closed and also the participation in some summer festival as the "Move your fucking brain" in Spain.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal death metal and grindcore?
- They have always been very positive, luckily, a lot of people likes the music of the band. It has always been better outside of our country but that is something normal here in Spain.
9.When can we expect another full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- As I already mentioned, since the recording of our EP was finished we have started the composition of new songs with the intention of editing a new album maybe before the end of this year. We hope to continue enjoying playing our music, work hard on it without setting too many goals to reach.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Our influences are the ones we've always had, we're unoriginal in that (... laughs) the old thrash, death metal and grindcore bands of the 80s and 90s of course, Sodom, Bolt thrower, Inmolation, incantation, Death and many more. But from the new bands we like, they are not really an influence for us, at least, we do not see it that way.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Each of us has their own tastes in music, horror movies, videogames, football and others sport games... Some of us have children and most of the time it takes time to be with our families.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- First of all, thank you for this interview and the interest in our band, thanks also to the readers and we hope you like our music and, above all, that you buy the originals and support the bands live shows.