Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Foredoomed Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

Most people would categorize us as Melodic Death Metal band. We also have Progressive influences in our music which can be seen in longer and more intricate song structures, for example.

2.A year ago, you had released your first full length, what are some of the things you have done differently musically on this recording that you were not able to do on your previous demos?

Similarly to our previous work, I’ve wrote most of the material but this time we also used a producer. We tried go as far as we could with the album during the pre-production phase.


This time the album had massive amount of small things to take care of, so the recording process had to be more systematic. Because we have no keyboard player this time, I feel it was liberating to work on the keyboards more from a “sound atmosphere” perspective.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

I usually write lyrics about my life events. I don’t really describe in depth what happened, instead I tend to write about how it felt during the time. I like to use a lot of symbolism too.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Foredoomed'?

I came up with the name when we started the band. I think I chose it because I like its mysteriousness.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

I did the first photoshop draft of the cover in summer 2016 I think. We chose it because we thought it had a similar feel to the album’s theme and the soundscape.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

I think we’ve steadily improved our live performance after each gig we’ve played, so I really liked our latest show in Marks Rock Club. We tend to have a pretty energetic live show, we move around a lot. We have invested a great deal of effort in keeping our live shows energetic.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?

We’ve had many shows after Ordeal’s release. All of them in Finland; Turku, Helsinki, Joensuu… The next show we play is in Kerubi, Joensuu. It's our second time there, first time being with Ensiferum in late 2017.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of melodic and progressive death metal?

Actually the positive reaction took me by surprise! When we started working on the album, I never would’ve dreamed about the amount of fans we got. We have fans all over the world. On top of that, a lot of people have ordered our CDs and came to our shows!

9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

We’ve had some talk with labels. Inverse Records published our music video ‘Dualism’, but we have no future plans set in stone at the moment.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

We are currently in the songwriting phase of our next album. It’s still in super early stage so I can’t say a lot for certain. I’d say the recipe is fairly similar to the first album, but I think we’re going to push our most distinct musical elements even further.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

From metal bands I think my top 5 influences are (in no particular order) Opeth, Wintersun, Children of Bodom, Symphony X, and Edge of Sanity.


I tend to listen to different types of music. From Igorrr to The Prodigy to Aphex Twin to Bruno Mars to Hannah Diamond just to name a few. Sometimes I think it would be fun to create a public Spotify playlist of all the weird shit I like to listen to.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

I like all kinds of fantasy stories and video games. And I think some of those influences can be heard in some songs, for example, in lyrics and orchestral parts.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Keep listening metal! If you’re interested, give our debut album ‘Ordeal’ a listen. We are currently working on our second full length album so find us on our social media sites to keep up with the latest news.



-Atte / Foredoomed

No comments:

Post a Comment