1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of youbefore?
We are four guys trying to play the best death metal we can.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
We always try to keep the rifts fresh and never changing, while still maintaining a level of groove so the listeners have something to catch on to. We try not to be to picky and keep an open mind to trying new sounds.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
We arein a death metal band so your typical topics as murder, death, and mayhem still applies, however we like to have a social commentary (maybe this goes back to our thrash roots). We talk about environmental issues, religious topics and themes as well as social issues. Our singer Ian handles writing most of the lyrics so we give him suggestions but he is the main one writing the lyrics.
4. Ihave read that the band started out as a death/thrash band but evolved more into a pure death metal direction over the years, what was the decision behindthe style change?
We started playing thrash metal in the vein of the bay area thrash scene, mixed with heavier thrash bands such as sepultera and demolition hammer. We tend to lean towards the heavier side of heavy metal. Naturally we progressed into a death metal band with influences like pestilence, suffocation, cannibal corpse,and gorguts etc… after making the switch to death metal we dove deeper into that scene (musically) and writing became more technical an brutal.
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
There was no deep meaning or thought into our name, actually. Our vocalist Ian suggested the name and we went with it.
6. Whatare some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
The best shows we played have been here in our hometown of Santa Rosa, in our early days of just starting out, we have played so many memorable shows in the bay it is to difficult to pick just one but playing with Napalm Death was pretty cool. Our stage performance is something we do need to work on..haha.
7. Doyou have any touring plans for the future?
Right now we are working on getting the bands finances up in order to tour an had merch. Once we get it all together we will be ready to hit the road.
8. On aworldwide level how has the feedback been towards your music by fans of brutaldeath metal?
Overall pretty positive, you will have your death metal elitist that will never be happy. We don’t play or write music to please everybody as long as we enjoy what we are producing that is all that matters.
9. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this full time?
This is full time, however recently we have been discussing doing a hardcore punk project but that is just talk.
10.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Well we never like to release the same record twice. I think we want to try something a little more melodic, really work on improving our song writing. Of course it will still have brutal death metal elements and plenty of head-banging parts.
11.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
That list could go on forever. Suffocation, decrepit birth, gorguts, ulcerate, deathspell omega, cryptopsy, devourmant etc…
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
That varies between us guys. We all like to sit around and enjoy some herb and beer.
13. Anyfinal words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Support underground death metal and go buy our cd.