Thursday, May 4, 2017

Rithiya H. Khievithiya Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your music?
 I've had an ecletic up bringing when it comes to music ranging from Cambodian Folk Music to Symphonic Death Metal. The obsession I have with cats is also pretty scary "laughs".
 Music to me is how I express myself. Everytime I compose a song it always comes out unique because it usually captures a feeling or wandering thoughts at that point & time.

2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
 I really wanted to push myself to mix different styles of music to give each song their own personality.

3.You are also an multi instrumentalist, can you tell us all of the instruments you play?
 Guitar, Bass, Drums, and a bastardized keyboard player. All self taught by ear "laughs"

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and usbjects you explore with your music?
 My Lyrical interests usually veers towards environmental concerns, Social Constructs, Cosmology, & freeing the Oppressed

5.You record both solo and have full bands, how would you compare the 2?
 Not much of a difference really. I've always been the main creator for every project I've been involved in. When a fellow member
 comes up with an idea I try as best as I can to see if it fits perfectly for the song to incorporate them. I usually write full songs with very little wiggle room but always ask if there's a part that could sound better for the music. I then have that member compose the part and then we A & B the ideas, debate and come to final conclusion.  

6.On the ep you had a few quests, can you tell us a little bit more and also their contributions?
 I've had a slew of guest on this release "laughs" but I digress. 
 Guest musicians I've recruited for "The Finite Cycle" EP are Ryan Knight, Dmitry Demyanenko, Joey Concepcion, Chris Dovas, Jeff DeMarco, & Guest lyricsts Jim Gregory,
        & Charles Ayala.
 Ryan threw down a solo on song "Industrial Demise"
 Dmitry Demyanenko threw down a guest solo on song "The Finite Cycle" During the epic choir breakdown.
 Joey Concepcion added a soulful touch on "For All Mankind" during the 2nd solo.
 Chris Dovas retracked over the Midi drums I composed but also added his own spin on things for certain parts.
 Jeff DeMarco was on vocals for songs "Maelstrom of War", "The Finite Cycle", & "For All Mankind". Jeff also wrote lyrics for "The Finite Cycle"
 Jim Gregory wrote Lyrics for "For All Mankind"
 Charles Ayala wrote lyrics for "Maelstrom of War"
 Nick Scarfo co-wrote most of the beginning of "The Finite Cycle" & the verse section for "Industrial demise"

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
 I would jump on a label if the agreement is mutual. I've turned down many due to the fact that, I would've had to essentially invest a large sum of money into paying another
 entity for promotion & distribution. It just doesn't' make sense this day n age with self distributional companies like "CD-Baby" & "Distrokid.com"

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of progressive and extreme metal?

 I was quite surprised when countries like Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Belarus & Moscow have been very receptive to The Finite Cycle.


9.What is going on with some of the other musical instruments you are a part of these days?
 I've put Alterius in hiatus to pursue my session work, solo releases & a Blacken Death Metal project called "Plaga Dominus"

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
 I hope to grow my RHK Studios YouTube channel, release more music & continue collaborate with fellow like minded musicians in the future.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an infleunce on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
 Oh man, They're so many to choose from! I'd have to start with Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Symphony X, Death, Metallica, Slayer, In flames, & Scorpions have been deep rooted for influences.
 As for what I'm currently listening to. That would have to be Jason Richardson's new solo album, Paul Wardingham's "Spiritual Machines" , & The Algorithm "Overclock".

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
        Videography, photography, (Casual) adrenaline junkie, & cats

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
 Go try Nutella & Peanut butter on pancakes. It's delicious! Support Local Artist anyway you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment