1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
(BEN) We are a death metal band from Jacksonville, Florida. We formed in 2002 and started playing shows in 2003 and
recorded a three song CD, "Demo 2003".
We played many shows and a few fests for a few years with a few line up changes.
In 2008 we did some home recording demos and used those songs on a
couple of Deathgasm Records compilation CDs. Finally in 2012 we released our full length album "Culture of Death".
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
(JIM) It's straight up brutal death metal written in the vein of all the sick 90's era death metal stuff
but with a more modern sound.
Heavy, jarring riffs coupled with blasting drums and guttural vocals.
There's a lot of elements mixed in; pit grooves, technical stuff, and some darker black parts.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
(JIM) Death, war, religion, politics, psychological shit, stuff like that I guess.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
(JIM) Ben likes poop. lol I'm not sure.
(BEN) lol It's true. Just wanted something sick sounding, had a nice ring to it.
We had a few people telling us when we first started, that the name was "so unprofessional and we would never get signed and blah blah blah."
We ignored them and did what we wanted to do.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
(BEN) It's been awesome being able to share the stage with a lot of bands that we are big fans of. Bands like
Dying Fetus, Goatwhore, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Putrid Pile, Incinerate, and a bunch more sick ass bands.
I think our stage performance has always been pretty powerful. We play loud and fast.
When everything is sounding right it can feel like a freight train running over everything in its path.
(JIM) Cystic Dysentery is definitely a LIVE band. It's good pit music, and it has a ton of energy when performing live.
It's in your face head banging shit.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
(BEN) No touring plans yet, we will be booking a few shows and fests this year hopefully to
support the album, shit - just get out there. I miss playing live.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal death metal?
(JIM) So far so good, people who like it REALLY like it, and people who don't like it can at least respect it.
8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
(JIM) ALWAYS other musical projects going, but it's kind of like feeding multiple kids...
if you feed all of them equally, then they all tend to starve a little bit. lol
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
(BEN) I would like it to get sicker and darker and maybe a little bit more technical.
10. What are some bands or musical styled that have influenced your music?
(JIM) Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Immolation, Goatwhore, Cephalic Carnage, Pyrexia, Disgorge, Deeds of Flesh, Hate Eternal, etc..all the sick bands we grew up listening to.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
(BEN) Shooting high powered rifles and hand guns. Wrestling alligators, normal Florida stuff.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
(BEN) Thank you for the interview, come out to our shows and have a drink with us. Take care.