1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Okay, we’re Pendact, we come from the south of France. Our music can be described as melodic death metal but we try to blend it with other styles like metalcore or modern death metal like In Flames, The Sorrow and bands like that. We try to make music that pleases us and makes people want to band their fuckin’ heads!
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
First, melodic, each riff we write we want it to sound melodic, even our mosh parts. We try to convey the will for each listener to feel the theme of a song through a melody. Then, it has to be powerful, it has to have some rhythm to agreement our melodies so we would feel our music in our guts.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Our lyrics are quite simple, we speak about things of life, our experiences and tell stories through them.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Actually it was a joke. Pendact didn’t mean anything at all at first, our singer (Jukka) was just joking about band names with a friend and “Pendact” came out of it and he tought it sounded nice so he kept it. Now, Pendact means a lot for us today as a symbol for friendship through music.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Well, our best shows were our opening for Korpiklaani and French metallers Dagoba last year, great reactions and a lot of emotion. It was just amazing, great crowd, great sound and a lot of laughs!
Our philosophy regarding live shows is to put out energy and musical proficiency, a good show for us is one where we play our songs as close as the album with the plus of live energy, you know that link with the audience, it’s just magic.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
We’re planning a French and European tour for 2013 and we’re also booking a few opening slots for bands that inspire us. More to come pretty soon!
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of melodic death metal and metalcore?
Mostly positive and each critic is very constructive so we know what to change for our music to be better. Our album has been out for just a month so we’re waiting for more feedback to know what pleased our audience and what they’re expecting in our future releases.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
No, Pendact is our full-time band, no side projects but a lot of work regarding sound and music as Jukka is opening his recording studio here in Nice.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Well, faster, more technical, we want to develop our proficiency as musicians. We also want to work on our production and find a better sound that will suits our new songs.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Each member in the band has a very different musical background. We all come from the metal world but we listen to a lot of different bands. As the main inspiration in Pendact, it’s obviously bands like Norther, Children of Bodom, Mors Principium Est, Imperanon, Ensiferum and In Flames.
Nowadays, we’re listening to the new Mors Principium Est, the new The Sorrow, Before The Dawn, Routasielu, Parkway Drive, Periphery, Sybreed and a lot more!
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Well, for some of us it’s extreme sports, for others photography, tattoos…
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview/
Thanks for the interview, we’d love to tour more by your area. Keep on rockin’, having fun and listening to metal!