Cristofer Rousseau (Vocals)
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Idols For Dinner is a Death-metal / hardcore band based in Paris, France. Our only purpose is to play the music we love, which means something brutal, melodic, intense.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
It's a melting pot of death metal and melodic hardcore. We are also influenced by Black metal which is one of the greatest subgenre of metal music.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Well, the decline of humanity is the only subject of "Tenant of a declining world". Nowadays there is a bunch of deathcore bands that get on my nerves. There are some guys who are explaining that religion is positive, some other tell you that fashion is art etc. Bullshit, I see the world in a negative way. Religion, politic, economy and naive behaviour of people are ruling the world to his end. I think that our lyrics are quiet close of bands like ALL SHALL PERISH but we use more metaphors.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Well, I didn't choose the name of the band so I don't really know what it means. I suppose that idols, from religious idols to the product of our star system are alienating things that we should eradicate.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Each show is great because we alway try to give the best of ourselves. Our performance are dynamic, brutal and I hope to see you in the pit!
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
Yep, first of all we are planning many shows in France. Then we've got a tour of twelve shows in UK in march 2013. We will try to play as much as possible in Europe. Tell us if you want to book us.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of melodic death metal and deathcore?
Well, most of the people who listened to "Tenant of a declining world" enjoyed it. What did you think of our record ? For those who’d like to listen to a few songs, check up our facebook bandpage.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
Our drummer plays in a glam rock band called FRENCHKISS which is very cool. Our guitar player Morgan Tama plays in a very good Thrashcore band named PRAETORIA and I play in a metal band called CHABTAN. It's a metal band influenced by the mesoamerican mythologies.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I think that we will try to do something more personal. We are influenced by different music styles that we will try to put on next album. We have already written new songs with clean part, vocal experimentations and very weird atmospheres.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well I don't exactly know what my friends are listening to but we're all fans of bands like THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL SHALL PERISH, WHITECHAPEL etc. In metal music I'm currently listening to DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA's "Pandora's pinata" and SHNING's "Redefining Darkness". Out of metal music, it's always the same... John Renbourn, Tom Waits or Jean-Louis Murat.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I won't answer for my friends. Well, I love literature, art, philosophy and cinema and these things are influencing us in the way we write music.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thank you for this interview and hope to see you soon on tour.