1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
1. At the moment we're writing new music for our up coming full length album we have planned for August. We're also searching for new equipment to give us a more professional studio sound, despite our home recording style and trying to finalise a live line up.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is present on the ep?
2. We just describe it as Death Metal really, although it's been described as all kinds of things by different people. Stylistically however we like to include drop-tuned guitars, heavy slams, blast beat drums and mostly guttural vocals
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. We like to include a wide range of lyrical themes including more gory subjects, such as serial killers and still birth, historical themes, for example we used WWII in our track 'Dog's of Stalingrad', and Esoteric themes, which are in 'Bestial Winds'.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. Exusia is an ancient Greek word meaning power or authority. We chose this name because it seemed appropriate for the heaviness of our music.
5.Has the band had any luck on finding a line up to do live shows with?
5. So far we've managed to find a guitarist, but we still haven't been able to find a bassist capable of playing our music. It seems a lot of people like to claim to play without actually going into any complexity.
6.Recently you where on a compilation, what are your thoughts on the other bands that participated?
6. There were a lot of good bands on there, I (John) would definitely recommend them to any fans of death metal and deathcore.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
7. We aren't actively looking for a label, however if we were to receive interest it's definitely something we'd be interested in doing.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal death metal?
8. We aren't too well recognised at the moment, as our EP hasn't been out for long, the feedback we have received however has been pretty much entirely positive. There is also a number of Russian websites who are pirating our EP for some reason, which must mean that someone likes it.
9. Are there any other musical projects going on these days?
9. Andy has his Frostbitten project which is mostly black metal and more recently doom metal.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. On our next release we plan on moving away from gory lyrics and including more technicality in the music, perhaps incorporating seven string guitars.
11.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Our major influences are Cannibal Corpse, autopsy, ingested, Dying Fetus and meshuggah. At the moment I (John) am listening to a lot of deathcore and metalcore and Andy is listening to pretty much all extreme styles as usual.
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12. I (John) do a lot of Muay Thai in my free time. Andy just spends all of his time on music and not a lot beyond that.
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. Just thanks for your support of our band really, websites like yours are crucial to bands like us.