1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Well very simply, we have recorded a new album entitled Cryptopsy and we are now in the process of its release.
We want to tour and are waiting on interesting offers to do so.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous recordings?
The sound production itself is quite amazing. Every instrument can be clearly heard, a type of thing that we have been striving for on every album.
I can say that the songs are very different one from the other making it a very interesting and fun album. Its also more interesting riff wise (i find) then the last release with a more brutal vocal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
Thats usually a question that Matt would answer since he writes all the lyrics, but i can say that it's an all Canadian content album.
Each song is based on a true happenings that took place somewhere and at a point of time in Canada. Unexplained accidents, happenings and phenomenas.
Quite interesting little pieces of our history.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The bands name was created by Lord Worm and its the words Crypt and Autopsy put together, meaning the analysis and search into what is dead.
We all have our different interpretation of it, lol
5. Out of all the shows and tours the band has done over the years which one did you enjoy the most?
That's a tough question!! I like doing Canadian tours cause we usually bring our buddies with us and have a great time on the road. Japan has always been a treat for the band as well. We have also done great tours in europe thanks to our polish crew and great friends. Shows that go well playing wise and crowd energy wise are the best, wether there are 50 or 5000 fans present.
6. Are there any touring plans for the new release?
Yes there will definitely be, none confirmed though at present.
7. The new album is coming out as being self releases, what was the decision to release it by yourself, after being singed to all of these huge metal labels over the years?
The decision came from being signed to a huge label over the years, lolll. No seriously though, it's simple logic, we have an international market so all we really need is a product for that market. With the help of Clawhammer Promo, Revolution Harmony rec., JVC Japan, Galy rec., and Plastichead distro we have chosen to release ourselves. Our fans get our product through us, very simple.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer material by the brutal death metal fans that have heard it so far?
The reaction has been amazing and i can't wait until our fans hear some more of the newer songs!!!
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
It's always gona be Cryptopsy, brutal music, extreme music, of course with new riffs and new technics as we all progress on our instruments over the years.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Wow, thats the 4000 page question, hehe. There are so many bands and musical styles that we all combined listen to that just naming a few does not serve anyone justice. When we write Cryptopsy though we focus on that alone and try not to be too influenced by exterior sources. I'm listening to a lot of different drumming these days and thats exclusively for my personal evolution.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I like training and doing what i like to call drum specific training where the muscle groups i train are utilized in my playing. I also just enjoy spending time with my girl and our kids.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Yes, thanks for your support the band and I appreciate it very much!!! Look for us on tour soon.