1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
At the moment we feel pretty chilled, cause our "baby" hit stores on 24th August. Apart from that we are rehearsing, playing shows and have fun these days...
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?
Pretty inorganic from the sound itself but very deep and melodic, if the listener allows those feelings. We somehow have a futuristic, modern touch... Death Metal, Industrial, melodies... all you need for partying!
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
We try to offer topics, everyone can identify with. They mostly base on experiences, thoughts etc. One should definitely read the lyrics because they have a meaning and are not just there for being!
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
It is like a slogan... and it could fit for everyone with one's own interpretations. It is also flirting with the phoenix legend. Rise and be!
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We had a lot of great gigs and we don't want to miss a single one, also some were signed by problems. We are energetic and don't appear like a "normal" rock band. We wear stage clothes and come up with extra light. As we are a young band we try to offer the most we can for short change overs!
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
There are confirmed a couple of gigs and more are definitely to come. Just check us out on the internet regularly...
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme Metal?
Well, I think as many lovers we got as many haters come 'round the corner. But we concentrate more on positive input. To all others: go crying!
8. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
We don't try to invent I Spit Ashes new... it is more 'bout natural evolution, 'cause we have clear imaginations in our heads like what we want to sound. But we don't have borders and rules to fulfill those sound-imaginations. So we will see... the best would be you check it out in the future!
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well the range of styles is wide. And there are a lot of great bands. But soundwise it is more about emotions and "soundpictures" than genres.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Some are surfing and doing sports but most of the time everything is about music and band.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for your interest in I Spit Ashes and giving a young band a stage to picture itself! To all the readers out there... Give "IBRL" a listen and don't care about genres... just the music!