Sunday, December 30, 2012

Skrog Interview

 
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?

Skrog is an industrial metal band based out of the WI/MN area. Skrog was originally created back in 1998 by Jay Reiter (myself) but ended up being put on the back burner for almost a decade for various reasons. Now Skrog's debut album, The Global Elite, is finished - and it's brutal and fast. Skrog explores the various taboos of the global power/money structure and exposes the hidden agenda of those who are in control.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?

Explosive, fast, and electric. There are elements of black metal, death metal, and thrash in Skrog. I'd call it Necrometal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

This album explores the basic concept of a New World Order taking control of a complacent and impoverished group of societies. The themes in The Global Elite span across mind control, current societies' demise, military expansion and takeover, and more. One song, Military Industrial Complex, even uses past presidential speeches to prove that this oligarchy is real and to be feared and detested.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?

The name Skrog means forcing information into your brain that may be ugly or unsavory but completely necessary and beneficial.

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?

Skrog has yet to do a live show. I am in the process of auditioning musicians for a live act now.

6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?

Absolutely! Come spring time Skrog will be touring the US, Europe, and more.

7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?

I just signed a three album deal with Goomba Music a few weeks ago. I'm excited to see where this heads.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?

Extremely positive. The Global Elite has been reviewed by many people across the globe. The reviews are always full of praise and positive commentary. Many people have stated that Skrog is very Ministry in sound (at least older Ministry) which I take as a large compliment. I dig Ministry a lot and am proud to carry on the torch.

9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?

Full time deal at the moment. Skrog once upon a time was the side project to a different band I was in - Skull Fuckers Incorporated. Now that SF Inc is all but dead, Skrog is my full time baby. I have no plans to start up a musical side project at this time. Now feature length movies on the other hand...

10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

I want to go deeper into the rabbit hole, so to speak, both thematically and musically. I feel like The Global Elite is a great starter album. It scratches the surface of the topics I want to discuss but I feel that there is a LOT more that needs to be said. I want the next album to be a lot more technical and progressive in certain ways. I want more synth-y kinds of songs. I also want to incorporate more blasting into my music. I'm very inspired to write and I can't wait to get back into a studio.

11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Ministry, Slayer, Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, Nile, Slayer, Strapping Young Lad, Bile, old Metallica and Megadeth, NIN, Suffocation, Immortal, and Slayer.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

Film directing and comic book writing. I've got a business called Satyrn Studios that I'm trying to get up and running. I have a lot of stories that would be fun to see in both printed form and on the silver screen.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Can't wait to get out and tour. Look for Skrog coming your way this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment