Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sinner's Moon Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. We are band from cetral Europe - Slovakia, from the town called Sered. Sixpack of young amateur musicians with a great eager for playing our music and conquer the world :D

2.You have an album coming out this year, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. Well, before, we released just bunch of demo stuff which I recorded at home with former singer Andrea and some MIDI drums and keyboards. So for me and guys this was a great step forward also thanks to mr. Roland Grapow who took us into his studio for this great experience helped us in many many ways and also who made different but unique sound to our music.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. Mostly hope, some psychological themes and childhood dreaming...

4.The name of the album is 'Atlantis, does the band have an interest in lost continents or mythology?
4. Well, the name itself illustrate mystery and some hope that there is something great but yet unrevealed in our lives. But yes, there is an interest in mythology in some way.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Sinner's Moon'?
5. That´s a funny story behind this name. We were doing a musical power metal project  called CROSSDAWN in early days before Atlantis and everything....and we also attended some choir sesions at the time with former guitarist DRAGO, where we sang this song. There was something like "...you hear the sinner´s moan". And after that I was like, sinner´s moan with a little correction, that would be a fantastic name for a song. So we played with words a little and after a while Sinners Moon was created as a name for the song, later for the band :)

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
L:6. Well I suppose the best show we had so far was the one we had last september. It was after our new singer Simona arrived to the band and we played live with czech black metal famous band called ROOT. This was a pretty awesome night for us all!
S:6. Every live performance is unique for me and also every single one is different, so I always try to put in something different, something new. I react to audience, to band members on stage, I try to get and give huge amount of energy so we "tune on the same frequency" and get on as much as we can. Of course, I bring a piece of myself on stage because I feel there as natural as I can be. When I am relaxed on stage I improvise and after that the performance starts to have the right mood.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
7. Yes we do! We are going to run some shows here in Sovakia also a few in Czech Republic and if we are lucky we will get some more around Slovakia. Since we are a pretty young band, we don´t have that big name which would take us to a different places. But we would like to take an opportunity for every live show we can :)

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of symphonic and extreme metal?
8. I think it is too early to talk about worldwide levels of any kind. But I think that people who know us by far, they pretty much like our music :)

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. We are hoping to release new stuff, new album pretty soon after Atlantis since it took me about 3 years to get this stuff together and things around it, so much to do, you know?  We would like to push our limits to the new horizons with some more agressive stuff, more Derick vocals, more symphonic elements and more everything in every aspect...that would be the idea I suppose

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
L:10. To me It was mostly bands from Finland, especially Nightwish (a huge influence to me as a composer, which you probably would here on this album) Sonata Arctica and Children Of Bodom, then Epica, Helloween (I grew up on this stuff, so Roland Grapow is pretty much my guitar hero until now) and almost anything melodic that I like.
S:10. I was affected as a singer by a great names of metal universe such as R.J.Dio, Jorn Lande or Floor Jansen. I listen a lot to progressive metal stuff, mostly Dream Theater, Mastodon, Leprous, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, etc

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
L;11. PC gaming, listening music, watching good movies, spending time with close friends (sending Hello especially to Niki K), drinking good beer of course ;)
S:11. I do a lot of things with kids as a teacher, theater stuff mostly and I am also attending brass band here in Slovakia, which can be for some people pretty strange combination with the metal band I suppose :) I also like cooking, hiking etc.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
L:12. Well guys, hold on to your dreams as much as you can, because without it you would be just another fish in the endless ocean of regrets that will come if you don´t try, for sure ;) take it seriously guys, and do what you wanna do now! And listen to our new cd :D cheers :)
S:12. Final words? Well yes I have. Listen to a good music, metal music, buy metal CD´s and support your favorite bands ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment