1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Yes of corpse, I can. Goregast has his origin in 1993, under the name of DISTRESS. 2 demos were
released in the mid 90's, then in 1998 we put the band on ice. In 2004, the band was heated again
with some new musicians. Therefore, we change the name into GOREGAST. 2006 the first album,
"Viva el Animal", 2007 "La Revancha" and now number 3 "Desechos Humanos".
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from
The sound on our previous albums sounds fat too, but this time it's perfect. The guitars sounds a
little bit more "Swedish" than by the predecessors, what even makes the whole more powerful.
As by the previous albums, Andreas Hilbert (also playing guitars/vox in German veterans GOLEM)
had the finger on mix control and done a great job !
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
"Desechos Humanos" in the whole is about human disease. The songs are about many things that
affect people. Sadists, murderers, boring workerholics, rapists, etc..
For example the title track "Desechos Humanos" . There is a sadist who likes to torture his victims,
whether humans or animals in the most disgusting ways. Aaarrrggghhhh
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
That's easy to explain. Close to our practise room is a small village called Gorgast (without "e"), so
we add and "e" and created was the bandname. It has no other significant, sorry...haha
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you
describe your stage performances?
The best shows...mmhhh..let's think about it.
I remember one show in Castellon / Spain in 2007, we were crazy, the people also insane, it was hot
as hell ... great. The club called Averno. The best shows are there, where people going crazy.
Our stage performance is very wild and energetic, sometimes I fall down and start to tug...yeah
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
In 2012 we want to make one or two small tours through Spain and Germany, but also hopefully
playing a lot of concerts at festivals.
7. You have songs written both in German and English which language do you prefer writing
in and how would you compare the 2 languages?
We used some german lyrics on our first album "Viva el Animal"only. Don't know why, it sounds
silly. The second and now "Desechos Humanos" including a mix of spanish and english lyrics. I like
both languages but prefer Spanish, it sounds more strightly if you know what I mean. Maybe a
upcoming album will be written in Spanish only.
8. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
No other bands, we're already have families and spend our free time with them. I'm also running a
record label/ mailorder called FDA REKOTZ. Check it out at: www.fda-rekotz.com
9. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by grind/death fans?
The response of our two previous albums was great specially in Europe and South America. At that
time we or better the record labels who released the first and second albums, had no good
distribution and no promotion agency in North America, which has changed now with our new
record label FDA REKOTZ. We are optimistic and hoping that the people like what we do.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
A difficult question, and unless you're not a clairvoyant, you can't really answer.
I personally hope that we maintain this mix of old school death metal and grindcore. But in one
point, I'm sure, no modern shit.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are
you listening to nowadays?
A lot of influences, the good old bands from the end of 80's, early 90's such as CARCASS,
ENTOMBED, GOREFEST, DISMEMBER, GRAVE, GENERAL SURGERY, ASPHYX, DEAD
INFECTION, TANKARD, KREATOR, PYOGENESIS, MORGOTH and a lot more. The other
members have a similar taste.
Today I'm still listen the good old stuff, but also to new bands who're playing old stuff, haha.. For
example ENTRAILS, REVOLTING, DEATH TOLL 80K, STENCH OF DECAY...and a bunch
more. Today I bought a LP from spanish ATARAXY. Great stuff, check them out.
At all, I don't like any kind of modern musick!
12. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
My family of course, my little farm, beer, reading, watching, wanking...
But the most time each a day I have to do with musically things.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanx for the questions, for your interest in GOREGAST, thanx for your support ! All the best for
you and your Zine !! Everybody who's interested in our new album, in the band or whatever can
write to email@example.com or visit us on Facebook or myspace.com/goregast . Also check out our
record label: www.fda-rekotz.com
- VIVA EL ANIMAL -