1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
Von- It has been a busy year for us. We put out the new album "To Desecrate and Defile" through War Anthem Records/Epitomite Productions. The disc is doing really well and we are very happy with it.
2. How would you describe the music and lyrical style of the new album?
- The album definitely has a "darker" feel than other Lividity albums I think. The music has a lot of structure and has a great thinck sound. The music, as always is in the vein of brutal death metal, with elements of grind. Lyrically we call on our old familiar vibes of death/gore/sex and more sex!
3. You have been around for a long time, what keeps you motivated to keep putting out brutal music over the years?
- Well this is the style we want to play personally. We couldn't break away from it if we wanted to. While I personally like a lot of forms of music, I stick with playing death metal to push myself at a writing aspect. the goal is to advance and mature as a musician with every album. Until it gets to a point that it just isnt enjoyable to create the music or the flame has burned out (highly unlikely) then I will and I am sure Lividity will continue to create sick music. Lyrically there will always be something fucked up to write about hahaha.
4. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- Every show is a different experience. We have played for 10 people over the span of our musical "career" and we have played for 10,000. There is something awesome about a small intenese, more personal show, and there is definitely something awesome about playing for a huge crowd that is louder than the PA could ever be. As far as what you are going to get when seeing us live, is a sick, crushing onslaught of a performance. We give 110% at everyshow. We take the honor of being able to be on stage very seriously. We are going to be as tight as possible, as sick as possible and as primed as possible!
5. What are the touring plans for the future?
- We actually leave shortly to do another tour in Europe. This one will be a smaller tour to focus on some of the festivals, including - Party San Open Air, Germany - Moutians of Death, Switzerland - Barther Open Air, Germany also, as well as several other shows in between all the fests.
6. How has the newer music been recieved so far from extreme metal fans worldwide?
- I think the previous album, "Used Abused and Left for Dead" is the one that really threw people for a loop. The drum aspect was a lot different as well as my vocal style on the album from previous albums with the original vocalist Matt Bishop. It took a minute or two but people embraced the changes quite well, and it was a very sucessful album for us. "Desecrate..." is getting a lot of great feedback. We have a more focused drum element on this album, but its still crazy at times when need be. I don't feel anything was "overdone". I always love being in the studio, and I feel this release shows more musical progression and more thought in the structure of the songs. The response has been great. Can't wait to start on the next one hahaha.
7. Are there any projects besides this band if so who are they and what kind of music do they play?
- Yes there are several projects within the band, Dave, Garrett, and Jake all play in another band called Embrace Damnation which is a more blasphemous creation. Garrett plays in a slew of bands including a terrific Slayer tribute band called Hell Awaits. Jake our bass player also plays drums in a band called Armaros and bass in Human Artifacts. Jake also played bass with me in my other original band, Deaden. I am also working on a couple of new projects myself, but you will have to wait on that info as it takes a little more form!
8. I noticed that alot of the samples come from movies, what kind of movies are you interested in besides the obvious porn?
- Anything Porn, Gore, Horror, and obviously Comedy. You can't take this stuff too seriously. It's entertainment, and lets be honest, its a very brutal style of music, so we aren't going to be singing bullshit love songs that would have serious samples. The funnier, the better!
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced the music and what are you listening to nowadays?
- Oh man... Everything from early Megadeth, to Sodom, Coroner, Entombed, Disincarnate, Cynic, Death to Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock (Thin Lizzy is huge favorite) crazy shit like Zappa. I am all over the board with what I listen to. Currently I have really been listening to the new Cynic, The Faceless, Guttural Secrete, Human Filleted, Mortal Decay, to name a few in the Metal realm.
10. What are some of your interests outside of music?
- Hmmm... guns, guns, and more guns!
11. Any final words or thoughts?
-Thanx for the chance for letting us spread the vile word about Lividity. Look for us, check us out and Cum say hi at a show, but you may want to leave your woman at home, we might just take her with us!
Come check us out at myspace.com/lividity for further information on the band. Check out the labels at Waranthem.com or Epitomite.com
thanx and keep it sick!!
PO BOX 286
61815 - USA
DOMINATION THROUGH IMPURITY- MASOCHIST
THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT- THE WHITE CREMATORIUM 2.0
DEADEN- '95 Demo 7"
The original "And the Dead Shall Rot / Lying In a Ditch" Demo on 7" - 15 year re-issue
Limited to 500!!