Interview Questions done by Burning Caskets vocalist Korey Arnold
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never
heard of you before?
1. The beginning of Burning Caskets was myself and another member of an
old band I was in Rotting. We just got together the 2 of us to record some
songs on Pro Tools and upload them on Myspace for fun. The songs went over
pretty good so we decided to form an actual band.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the new
2. I think its a mix of our old school Death Metal influences but with a
twist of some newer stuff as well. I think people into Deicide or Vader
may like us as well as someone lets say into The Black Dahlia Murder as
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the bband explores
with the music?
3. The end of religion is one of our main topics on the lyrics. Religion
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. I am a huge fan of the band Cancer from the UK. On their release Death
Shall Rise they have a song called ''Burning Casket'' Well I borrowed it,
just threw an S on the end.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Into our career so far we have only played a handful of shows. 10 to
exact. I think our first one is our most memorable. Sharing the Stage with
such awesome bands as Lividity, Disgust and horde of Worms was awesome for
our first show.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
6. Right now no just shows within the province. We are working on a new CD
as we speak actually and will be planning on doing some shows in the US
7. Currently you are unsinged are you looking for a label and if so what
kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?
7. To be honest we are happy being an indie band. If a label were to come
around for us, I'll be blunt I'd want someone paying for EVERYTHING, not
just slapping their record label logo on our CD and getting a percentage
of the sales. So yeah being unsigned is good for us for the time being.
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by death metal
8. So far so good, as for any band in any genre you cannot please
everyone, but the reception of To Burn a False Prophet has been really
9. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line -up?
9. Our guitar player Mitch is in a band called Unscathed which is a
Melodic Heavy Metal project. I myself am in a Brutal Death Metal band band
called Rotting. We haven't done anything in several years but never
officially broke up either so hopefully something one day from that band
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. Heavier !! But not burp vocal try and out-brutal every other band
heavy. We already have some new stuff written and have been playing it
live. Been going over great. Lots of groovy shit to headbang to. The odd
slam riff as well but wont be ripping the ass out of that.
11/ What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music
and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. What has influenced the band the most probably is 90s Death Metal
(Vader, Deicide, Sinister etc) but to be honest were really into stuff
like Motorhead, Testament, and Iron Maiden as well. We may not play the
same style as those last bands mentioned but we take the influence and
make it heavier. Myself lately been listening to tons of Iron Maiden,
Behemoth, Devourment, Hanzel und Gretyl, KMFDM, Bolt Thrower and
12. I have noticed on the new album you did a cover of a Megadeth song,
what was the decision behind the cover version?
12. I'd like to give a great back story to the reason we covered that song
but there really isn't one. When myself and the first guitar player
started the band we wanted to do a cover song. Basically flipped a quarter
for either that or Pain Killer by Judas Priest.
13. I know that the band is Anti Christian but does Satanism or Occultism play a role in your music?
13. Satanism and the Occult I'll use in lyrics but at the end of the day
its all just imagery. I believe if you believe in Satan you have to
believe in god which I don't. Satan was made up to scare you into the
church. I absolutely hate religion and think the world would be much
better off without it. More people have died in the name of god then
anything!! If people using Satanism is gonna bring the christian church
down a notch then so be it.
14. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
14. Well myself other then the band I occupy my time working on my website
and t-shirt store The Catacombs.
15. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
15. Thanks for the great review and interview. Stay sick and check out our
CD ''To Burn a False Prophet''.