Don Campan - Vocals: Replying
1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
- We are touring around the world this year pumping our second release coming out August 10, 2010 (Beyond Cops. Beyond God.) We are seeing a tremendous amount of fans (from all demographics/"scenes") come out to pack our shows, and give us a huge positive response on our new material and our killer live performance.
2. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
- The music is so heavy and so insane, that it can wake up the dead ...is that what ya wanted to hear..lol....
3. How would you describe your musical sound?
- Our sound is very original. Our fans and even the haters, since day one, knew that we were bringing a new innovative sound to metal right away. We have no problem pushing the envelope in what we do and many worldwide know that we have paved the way for many other bands as well. Which is a huge compliment and accomplishment. We invented slamming gore groove, and we will continue to pump out some of the most killer ear candy you have ever herd come from a NJ metal band. Our music is killer and bad ass.
4. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
- This epic CD, Beyond Cops. Beyond God., is a themed CD in which Satan is on a killing spree, letting you know how much control he has over everyone and how he displays it upon revenge. I kept the lyrics about punishment, getting away with murder, explaining/describing the power of Satan, how cool it is to get high on death and the results of violence when showing disrespect. The lyrics are almost like describing a video game such as Grand Theft Auto or something like that. It's fun to read the lyrics and listen to the music as you imagine the killings happen.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- Deathfeast Open Air, New England Hardcore-Metal Fest, NJ Death Fest, Hostile City Death Fest (coming up), the list is too long... pretty much EVERY SHOW we play around the world is a blast because we have a blast doing what we do and our fans recognize that and they feed off that. Our stage performance is filled with high intense energy that really shows masculinity, verbal assault and you can feel the music just blast you apart in the pit. Many get injured during our set, its fucking great.
6. What are the touring plans for the future?
- We have a killer tour set up in November 2010 with Napalm Death. This is like dream come true for us. They are one of our biggest influences and damn near our favorite band of all time next to Slayer and Cannibal Corpse of course. We like to tour as much as we can when we can. We are NOT a rich-bitch little 16 year old band that gets the way paved for them with money from mommy daddy to make it big. We really would like to tour in Japan, Australia, Mexico, Indonesia and many other places..we will see what is in store for us once the new CD hits stores worldwide and blows the fuck up.
7. Currently you are signed to Candlelight Records how would you describe the support that the label has giving you so far?
- Wrong. We signed to Siege of Amida Records (UK) and we have Candlelight Records here in the states for distribution. As for support, they both have been putting there best foot forward and I know they are gonna push as hard as we are to make the CD pop off and get all the PR it deserves.
8. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
- Well, if you have herd the latest material, you will hear where we are already headed towards. We have come a long way since 2006. We are always trying to bring in a more influences of all of ours into the writing and then sculpting that into our sound known as slamming gore groove. We have a lot of great surprises for all our fans in the new CD and we know once you pop this CD in your player, you will understand that we are not fuckin' around.
9. How has the newer material been received so far by extreme music fans worldwide?
- Just as we expected. They can't get enough and they always want more. Our fans are some of the most dedicated fans I have ever seen. We have an army of waking the cadaver fans worldwide that know that we are the real deal and that we will always bring the pain.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
- We are really old school metal heads at heart that are not afraid to rock out to the classic 80's hair-metal bands too.. and we are also really big hardcore fans as well..so we mix it up and bring all that is unholy to the table when writing our shits.
11. What are some of your interests outside of music?
- My interests are running my graphic design business (Boundless Ink LLC.), artwork, surfing, smoking buds, drinking buds, being funny.. we all stay active working our jobs trying to make that almighty dollar to get back on the road and play our insane music.
12. Any final words or thoughts?
- Thank you to all our fans around the world for all their support!! Listen to Waking the Cadaver everyday while getting high on death, visit www.boundlessink.com/inkshop , visit www.myspace.com/wakingthecadaver , the band is currently looking for sponsors from the big dogs, so "...realize there is no God.." and double-blast!