1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
we are running around the states right now for our 25th anniversary tour. 40 dates in the states!
working on the new record 'surreal overdose' and just doing what we do! we hope to have the new lp out by late this year! so many distractions in the last few years getting it written and done.
2. You have been around since the 80's and have had a huge influence on the underground metal scene, what is that keeps you going for more than 25 years?
the love for creating and supporting metal music. it means so much to me and the band is one of the most important things in my life! i got into music to do it for a lifetime and so it rolls on!
3.How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
it's about dread and the fork in the road awful scenarios we face and deal with. the horrors of life and mind! no happiness! it always ends in tears!
4. Are you still running Old Metal Records and if so what are some new releases that you have planned?
yes! just signed tyrant l.a and released 'too late to pray'! just put out heaven 'bent' and soon the entire discography from them! sacred few from ohio i am working with now!
5. I know that the band is heavily into horror films what is your opinion on the newer horror movies and all of the remakes that they have been making?
i like any horror film made from the heart and with passion. some newer films are great like 'high tension', 'the hills have eyes' remake is a good one. stuff like 'martyrs' and 'paranormal activity' are great i think! good to see true darkness and HORROR in films again!
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
every show is good to me! great to get up and play. wacken in 2001 was great. big turnout and a big stage! only time we've been to europe so far. energy speed tight playing and fun is how i'd describe a deceased show!
7. Have you had any oppurtunities to play Europe or South America yet?
just wacken years ago! we are planning a overseas tour in 2010 which should take us to many countries we've never been!
8. Out of all the albums that you have put out so far which one are you the most satisfied with?
all are learning experiences but my faves are 'supernatural addiction' and 'as the weird...'! both really came out how i wanted and they really have the 'vibe' we want!
9. How would you describe the musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
we learn a little more each year! we keep trying to improve as players, song writers and being confident in the studio! direction is still us! fast, weird, simple,. raw, noisy, melodic, all of what we've always done! death metal from the grave!
10. You have been on plenty of different labels throughout your career, out off all the labels that you have worked with which one do you feel did the most to support your music?
we appreciate all that have helped us out and any point with a release etc! relapse and us no longer see eye to eye but they believed in us when no one did and we did a decade with them so i'll say them~! sadly it ended a mess!
11. What is going on with the other projects Doomstone and October 31 these days?
doomstone is in limbo right now! oct 31 is palying live for first time in 4 years this october with tyrant from california and then a new lp in 2011!
12. WHat are some of your lesser known influences on the music and what are you listening to nowadays? i like so much music from beatles, no doubt, pat benatar, foreigner, ramones, ksis to all the classics of metal maiden, sabbath, voivod, saxon, anvil, y&t!
lately been jamming alot of incubus u.k from the 80's 'to the devil a daughter' lp and alot of stuff from 707, baron rojo, the go gos, and more!
13. What is your opinion of the modern metal scene these days?
it is what it is! the whoel world is a mess and sadly music is right in it! alot of shit bands with shit attitudes! no real songs anymore. just tatoos and attitudes!
14. What are some of your interests outside of music?
sports, family, collecting movies, writing, hanging with friends!
15. Any final words or thoughts?
thanks for the support! look for the new lp later this year! www.upthetombstones.net is the new website! up the tombstones!!!