1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
We are a death metal band from Italy born in 1995 but we have been "frozen in time" for a decade, and after passing over difficulties we are now to present our first full length "FRACTAL" which contains all the different aspects of our music.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Angry, tasty , impudent.
3. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
Our monicker was born from the words Human+Mangled, just to signify Humanity Mangled, a reminder of our human condition during and after life.
4. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
We like to write about different matters in our lyrics and we think that these should make sense together with the music and images we offer. Our songs usually cover the different aspects of life but specially focus on the personal and social aberrations, using splatter/gore stuff only as an acrid flavoring.
5. According to your myspace page, the band is only a studio project, do you ever plan on doing shows in the future?
Sure, we'll try to if possible, it's one of our desires to play our songs live.
6. On the Metal Archives page it said the band has been around since the 90's but the first full length just came out recently, why did it take so long?
A decade (1997-2006) is a quite long "pause to think" right ? well, the band disbanded for such long time, but when we decided (Goreds and Scurb) to start something again we wouldn't even expect to release our first full lenght in 2010. Let's say that during this pause we developed other forms of artistic communication while our "seeds" where rotting.
7. Are there any current side projects besides this band, if so who are they and what kind of music do they play?
Yes, they actually exist, but we can't reveal the secret now (laugh).
8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases/
We started in '90s with the idea to mix death-grind metal riffing and vocals with industrial rhytmics, to create an hybrid that would sound extremelly heavy and annihilating at the same time, but we recently moved towards a more classic sounding death metal trying to find the rotten roots of our first devotion to the genre. Nowadays we think that the overall death metal movement is loosing some of the original sense (no matter how technically skilled and fast it sounds) out of the "brutal melodic groovy" music it used to be at the beginning.
9. How have extreme death metal fans worldwide react to your musical style so far?
We are excited by the reactions received till now; (of course there's always somebody that don't appreciate your proposal but for now it's really quite an exception !)
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
We are really passionates of Death Metal (and music in general) before being musicians, so let's say that everything of the many records we listened since the end of eighties till today may have an influence on our music indirectly. But, on the other hand, all these make a mixture that can give a general precise feeling but not referable in any band in particular.
11. How would you describe the death metal scene in your home country of Italy?
Quite promising, even if we are not used to consider it as a "scene" yet. There are really kickass bands and it seems that they are starting to get the attention they deserve on the worldwide underground scene, specially the most brutal acts.
12. What are some of your interests outside of music?
Really too many to spend the rest of our life in lazyness. We'll rest after we trespass.
13. Any final words or thoughts?
See you all on the final massacre.