1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Dawn Of Decline is a french band from Paris which was founded in 2004 by Nico (guitars) and Seb (Drums).
After some line-up changes (singers and bass players), Toinn (vocals) joined the band, followed by Chris our bassist.
Since then we started playing some shows and preparing the recording of our first EP album Kingdom Of Madness which was mixed and mastered at Tower Studio.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Our music is influenced by many Metal styles (death, black, thrash, progressive...).
After our EP's release on the web, we found some comments describing our music as Technical Melodic Death/Thrash Metal and I think it's a good review, as we tend to write a music that blends melody with technique, but without being excessive and closed to a specific style.
3. What are some of the lyrical concepts and topics that you bring out in your music?
Each song has his own topic, but the common ideas concern the different aspects of mankind, which both his thoughts and actions are often more destructive than creative. For example,"Lost In Time" song is about a man who feels regrets and doubts and get lost thinking about his own past and that avoids him to move on. On the other hand, "Kingdom Of Madness" is a kind of environmentalist song, which lyrics are about the Earth devastation by Man and his money and power hungry. Lyrics are written in first person, so that everyone can put himself in the narrated situation and relate to it.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band' name?
Our band name represents the dark side of everything, it's a pessimist point of view of humanity's future.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Until now, we have only played shows in small stages with local bands. But if we had to choose only one, it would be the show we played last year at "Le Klub" with Yorblind (a very good parisian melodic death metal band).
6. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so, what kind of label do you feel that would do the most to support your music?
Yes, we are currently looking for a label. Any big Metal label is welcome of course!
7. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
No, Dawn Of Decline is a full time line-up. Seb, our drummer, is the only one of us also playing in another band called Chimio.
8. On a worldwide luvel how has the support been to your music from death metal fans worldwide?
We are glad to receive many positive feedback from death metal heads worldwide, we're hopping it lasts and grows even more.
9. how would you describe your musical progress since the band started and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Kingdom Of Madness EP songs were written 2 or 3 years ago and since then, we already have a few more songs that we plan to release for a full lenght album at the end of 2011.
This album will be even more contrasted in terms of music intensity and rythm, but always with a lot of melody and fast technical riffs.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
As I said in a previous answer, we have many different influences, mainly in Metal style, but each band member listen to other specific music styles like spanish Flamenco, progressive rock, folk and jazz.
11.Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
Drinking beer, eating meat, our girls...
12. Any final words or thoughts, before we wrap up this interview?
Greetings to all Metal heads, we hope to see you at our shows, you'll have the chance to listen to all of our last kick-ass songs!