Monday, February 29, 2016

Efpix Interview

1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

The band was formed not so long ago, it was in the summer of 2013. However, our drummer had to leave the band in 2015 for some reasons. But the idea of the band and creating most of the materials began in far 2009. During this time I was able to develop a specific concept and sound, and I finally decided what I kind of music I wanted to play.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?

It’s quite hard to describe the musical sound which I changed at least four times or even more during the recording process, until I finally said to myself “That’s it. I like this sound”. But I am totally sure that the sound is the most suitable to this material that is presented on the album. It is heavy, brutal and I guess it is a flawless composition without any excess elements.


3.Your lyrics deal with science fiction, space and parallel worlds, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?

Yeah, sure. I’m a huge fan of science fiction, especially the Strugatsky brothers books. One of my most favorites is "Noon, XXII Century". It seems like I’ve been addicted to the space themes since I was a child. I always wanted to figure out and to grasp its greatness, what is impossible, of course. And at the moments, when I’m sick and tired of everything I look at the sky and remind myself  that my problems are just the dust, as we all surely are.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Efpix'?

Let it be a little mystery for mystery lovers. I guess, they’ll find the answer very soon.


5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

We haven’t played many shows yet, so I can’t tell you which one was the best, but we’re working hard to start touring again.
As for the stage performance, it really turns me on. Every time I step onto the stage I feel so excited and overwhelmed with emotions that I want to share them with the audience. The best feeling ever.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Yeah, we plan to play a release party  soon and go touring through Russia.


7.The album is coming out on 'Sliptrick Records, can you tell us a little bit more about how you came in contact with this label?

It took us pretty long time to find a suitable label. We had negotiated with at least 20 labels before we found these guys. They offered us the most attractive working conditions and we made a decision to sign the contract with them.


8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of industrial and death metal?

There are always a lot of different opinions whatever people do. Luckily, we get great support from our fans and the feedback from metal magazines and metal fans of industrial and death metal is very positive. At least I haven’t heard any negative things about messing up the genres or something like that. It shows that we are on the right track in the development of our band.



9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Everywhere. At least somewhere.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Of course, it’s all Peter TÃĪgtgren’s projects. And also such bands as Bloodbath, Septic Flesh, Amon Amarth and Rammstein. Nowadays, I’m into raw old-death metal, but sometimes I really like to listen to some classical music.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I like to take photos and make photomontage. I think I took up photography while making the photoset for our album. I liked it a lot. Maybe I’ll arrange some exhibition in my hometown someday. Besides, being an old gamer, I’m really interested in the game development process. Now I have a  project which will require my skills in photo and sound production and it makes me very happy because I really wonder what I can do.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Listen to your parents and to metal music. And if you have a dream, don’t let it die and do your best to make it come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment